North East wedding venue, Langley Castle, located near Haydon Bridge and Hexham in Northumberland, is celebrating the 10th anniversary of same-sex marriages on March 29, 2024, with a special 10% discount off the price of a wedding for 10 or more people.
It’s ‘Perfect 10’ initiative will mark its arrangement of hundreds of same-sex weddings over the decade since these were legalised.
The discount applies to wedding groups as small as 10 in number, as micro-weddings are something of a speciality at the atmospheric medieval castle and are often the preference of same-sex couples.
LGBTQ+ couples have opted for every style of wedding available at Langley Castle, from elopement weddings or fairy-tale weddings in the Drawing Room or Stuart Suite, to woodland weddings and nuptials in the wedding tipi.
To help LGBTQ+ couples decide whether Langley Castle is their perfect venue, the castle has also created a PERFECT 10 list of reasons to choose it as the venue for an amazing wedding.
LANGLEY CASTLE’S PERFECT 10
- There’s an amazing backdrop, wherever you choose to marry. The castle’s authentic structure has stood since 1350 and offers spectacular photo opportunities.
- You and your loved one can spend we-time, or photo shoot time, on the incredibly atmospheric Battlements, for a truly spectacular moment in time.
- The woodlands offer a perfect place in which to stroll and reflect on the wedding day, once the vows have been said, whilst Langley Castle is in a world-renowned dark sky park, so there are plenty of stars to gaze at, once the wedding day concludes.
- If you want to reflect further, you can head to the chapel on the Battlements – specially created with the permission of Pope Leo XIII.
- Those with Scottish heritage will be in touch with their roots here, as the castle was owned by cousins to the Stuart Old Pretender, James Edward Stuart. In fact, both Radcliffe brothers were executed because of their support for Jacobite uprisings.
- There is so much scope to express yourself, however you wish, with many different locations and styles of wedding from which to choose.
- If you are both lovers of Game of Thrones or Harry Potter, this is the perfect venue. Langley has staged weddings around both themes and the similarities between Langley and Hogwarts are rather uncanny!
- The castle has a huge amount of expertise in crafting incredible smaller weddings, so if you don’t have a big family and friends group with you, it will not matter a bit, as your day will be incredible nonetheless.
- If you want an exclusive-use wedding, you can take over the entire castle and rooms but also recoup some money on your wedding by charging your guests for their room.
- The castle offers a doggy chaperone service, so if your beloved pooch wishes to come along, he or she most certainly can.
If you want to know more about weddings available at Langley Castle, visit www.langleycastle.co.uk or call 01434 688888.
State PERFECT 10 when booking your same-sex wedding for 10 or more people and you can also save money. Just call the events team between the dates of January 20 and March 31, to access the discount on your preferred wedding date in 2024.